Rule one: always post the rules
Rule two: answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones
Rule three: tag 11 people and link them to the post
Rule four: actually tell them that you tagged them
tagged by cocomingox
1. What is a hobby that you have/had that people might find odd/interesting?
Odd… um, does making equestrian AUs count?
2. How do you feel about your body image, and why?
There are some days I feel at peace with my body image, and others when I can’t quite look at myself in a mirror. These days, though, I’m feeling better about it. It helps to read tumblr posts about having thighs that can break a neck, if needed. :)
3. If you could move any where in the world or universe, where would you go?
I’m pretty content to stay in the Bay Area, but if I had the option of a vacation instead, I’d love to visit Japan or Taiwan (this time, without relatives’ expectations hanging over my neck like a guillotine).
4. What is your favorite type of story or author?
I find myself engaged in stories with a wry, witty voice - the narrator or whomever is telling the story. For example, any book in Walter Moers’ Zamonia series. Never fails to get me to break my “reading face.”
5. Do you like poetry? If so, which kind/poet?
My taste in poetry skips around, mostly because I get stuck on a certain poem, and then move onto another poem that catches my eye from a completely different poet. (This happens with music, too. Never ask me which music genres I like best.)
One poem that’s stuck with me since I was a kid is W.H. Auden’s “The More Loving One”: Read here.
Also, “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley: Here.
6. Do you like coffee? If so, how do you like it? If not, why? WHY.
I enjoy coffee when it’s mostly sugar and milk and tastes almost nothing like coffee (but still has a coffee aroma). Yeah, it gets kind of gross. So I tend to stick to barley tea because coffee, even in its least coffee-like form, makes my hands jittery.
7. Have pets? Tell me about them!
No pets, sadly. :( I really want to remedy that in the near future.
I get to hang out with Radar and the barn cats ‘n dogs once a week, though!
Radar’s a 15/16(?) year old Fjord lesson horse whose favorite activities are eating and sleeping. He’s one of the most patient horses around, for real.
Rosie the barn cat is sweet - loves human contact, and will nibble on your sleeve while you pet her.
Dolly the sometimes-barn dog is a big lug of a labrador retriever who will literally pull herself into your lap if you’re sitting next to her for an optimal petting/scritching experience.
8. Ask your significant other for one quirky/funny memory about you. If S.O. fails to compute or you are single, share one from your best friend.
No significant other. No best friend anymore.
Radar: “So this one time this chick is on my back. And I’m halfway there to a nice nap when she tells me to wake the hell up. Asshole. Whatever, man. *commences naptime*”
9. What do you love most about life?
That stories exist - in written and in drawn/built/sculpted form! And that horses have been domesticated to be.. just.. haha, well, quite an interesting experience. :P
10. You’ve stepped on a needle. It’s pretty deep in your foot, so you can’t easily walk without first aid being done. Do you sit down calmly and yank it out while clenching your teeth, or hop around like a maniac screaming for help while crying?
I’d probably gurgle a bit, and if there weren’t any kids around, I’d let out a strangled “Gods-fucking-fffffuuuuuuck" before trying to yank it out.
11. If you’re an artist, perhaps show us some art that may or may not be connected to the fandom/blog you usually post for… like something more personal. If you’re a writer or a poet, share a poem or a snippet of one in progress. If you have another hobby, show me something from it! :)
Here’s a snippet of the smutty one-shot I’ve been
procrastinating working on for a while:
"When Tango’s fingers clasp firmly around her neck, thumbs pressing lightly against her larynx, Ruse doesn’t move her hands an inch. Her entire body remains stock still, with only the gentle rise and fall of her chest - the one thing she can’t control - that betrays her. She hears Tango’s pleased hum in her ear, approval that sets her chest aglow with something akin to happiness.
"Good girl," Tango praises. Once upon a time, those words would have been accompanied by a teasing nip on her bottom lip, but it seems Tango isn’t quite ready for that kind of closeness yet. Ruse isn’t sure she is, either. Their eyes lock - it’s as close to their former intimacy as they can manage.
With that, Tango eases a knee between Ruse’s thighs, parting them easily. A hand loosens and disentangles from Ruse’s neck, the one remaining shifting to the center and tightening to compensate its partner’s absence. There’s a soft gurgle as Ruse adjusts to the increase in pressure, but she doesn’t mouth her safe word, so Tango carries on with a smile. The hand drifts down the length of Ruse’s blouse, unbuttoning with light flicks. Her touch ghosts over uncovered flesh, tracing her sternum and the gentle rise of bone against soft skin.”
1. What are your expectations and desires for future (near and/or distant)?
2. What’s the book (or work of art in general) that’s most impacted you?
3. If you could be granted one superpower, what would it be? And if you say, “The power to gain more superpowers,” well, you’re pretty clever, aren’t you? But for the purpose of this questionnaire, let’s axe that option.
4. Favorite childhood food - do you still like it, or have you come to hate it with time?
5. If you could rewrite one novel to change whatever you wish, which novel would it be? And for extra kudos, what’s the main thing you’d change?
6. What’s the first movie you remember watching? In theatres or on TV, whichever.
7. What’s the one song you can never get sick of listening to?
8. Do you remember the worst fic you’ve ever read? What was it about?
9. Is there a fictional character you like (or dislike) who happens to share your interests?
10. What’s your dreamcast for a novel you enjoy?
11. Favorite family member? (No need to be biologically related to ‘em, of course.)
Tagging: You. If you want to answer the questions, feel free!